Carefully read this letter and consider the following questions:
- Who wrote this letter?
- To whom was the letter written?
- What information can you gather about who Mollie is? Where is she?
- What information can you gather about who Mary is? Where is she?
- What are some of the topics written about in this letter?
- Based on the content of this letter, what kind of camp is Mary referring to?
Mollie Wilson lived in Los Angeles and attended Roosevelt High School. Many of her Japanese American friends were forced to move during World War II. She would often write to her incarcerated friends, such as Mary Murakami.